Sunday, 18 November 2012
My sister came over to England from across the pond (Canada), and she looooves Afternoon Tea, so I thought since she is in the Mecca of Afternoon Tea, we went to one of the best (according to the telegraph) in London - that is Claridges, also home to Gordon Ramsay's Michelin Stars, the way I love food, it was like a trip to Mecca for me as well...
Happy Birthday to my big sister, she is an amazing mummy, daughter, sister, wife & human being :-)
Tuesday, 13 November 2012
I saw something like this on youtube vlogs (oh my life) anyway it got me thinking that, whoa - I don't like ALOT of things, and with age I feel my tolerance level has reduced, I get more easily annoyed & one day I stunned myself when I actually said "that's the shit I don't like" out loud; so let me start with a big contradiction;
- Swearing, yes yes - I know I just said shit, but really the english language and most vernaculars are full of wonderful verbs, adjectives & nouns which are a lot more music-to-my ear sounding than swear words, sometimes it's just not necessary but some people can't complete a sentence without a swear word in it...
- Don't call me a "bad bitch" that's not a compliment, there was an episode of America's Next Top Model (oh my life...or lack thereof) where 2 girls where arguing over who is the "realest" bitch, it went like this;
Girl 2: You aint no real bitch, I'm the realest bitch here
So, don't worry, I shan't be offended if you don't see me as the HBIC, Head Bitch In Charge
- Bullies! They exist amongst grown females, usually led by a HBIC, the lower level mignons follow her to gang up on victim(forget twitter, HBIC has real life followers), so sad, I just don't like bullying or mob mentalities, I may not like you (the person) but if you are a victim of bullying I will stand up for you and fight your corner.
- I want to say haters but I can be a hater too lol, I really mean negative people, enemies of progress!!! Life is hard, it would be much easier to get through with a positive attitude, we all have bad days but I don't think it's necessary to take it out on someone else; I'm getting through my bad days without you even knowing about them - that is how it should be done.
- Ladies, there is no need for us to be catty to each other, we need more women supporting each other than tearing each other down...Hoes, bitches, we really don't need to be calling each other that.
- No one knows me better than I know me, so don't think you know me better than me, if I start my sentence with assertion saying "I am..." the moment you say "No, you are not ABCD" you are walking dangerously close to the end of the long road to pissing me off, listen, I love opinionated people, I am one myself, feel free to have your opinions, but remember they are YOUR opinions not mine, so express them in that way - rather than try and tell me my own perception of myself, my attitude, my appearance or otherwise is not correct & I need to alter it to yours.
- People who see the world in a one-dimensional view, the world and it's people are very complex, there is no way that there is one answer or one view point to the big picture. Not many accept that - that's the s*** I don't like.
- Making someone feel worse than you, will not make you feel any better, misery likes company but don't expect me to come to your misery party.
- Ungratefulness, see the cup as half full and not half empty...maybe your friend is late in making it to your birthday party, rather than be mad at her - be grateful she even turned up; don't sweat the small stuff, after all YOLO.
- Generalisations & prejudice, it's very hard to not do it, but just check yourself in the mirror when you find yourself caught up in it...
- Lastly, the fact that as an imperfect being I too am a culprit of some of the s*** I don't like lol, but I wonder when I look at this a few years on if I will feel the same way.