Sunday 10 June 2012

A Boat On The Moon... the best I've written methinks


Take me to that place
The place that overlooks a world I cannot see
A world that I know
A world I once inhabited
But a world I wish to forget
For that world engulfed my senses
I could not eat, I could not sleep, hear,
Smell the sweet scent of November rain on dry sand
Nor could I caress the fabric of the softest silk
For I could not feel
Both the physical and the aphysical
I wanted to escape
So I chose not to see this world
No, I was not in love
I just needed to go to that place
To the boat on the moon

The moon and its transparency
Lets me see through its blue glaze
It shines upon me, hypnotic
Showing a spectrum of indifference
Somewhere to take me to the destination of my dreams
I know once I am on that boat
I will be so close to Utopia
I may sound suicidal
But the paradise I speak of is
Not that of the Heavens
It is a paradise I myself envisioned
Outlined with silver linings
It is a state of mind
And it is my state of mind
That will manifest into my destiny

I know once I am there
I will once again
Dive into the ocean of my senses
As cool as a soft breeze across my cheek
But at the same time as warm as the comfort in my heart,
My body begins to surface
It is carried by the water
And I begin floating, Slowly floating away…
In my boat on the moon

No comments:

Post a Comment